Local writing friends & family
Clarion 2008 Classmates
The writers who attended Clarion 2008 with me.
- Monica Byrne
- Mary Burroughs
- E.J. Fischer
- Kathleen Howard
- Dana Huber
- Emily Jiang
- Keffy Kehrli
- Megan Kurashige
- Sarah Miller
- Dan Pinney
- Ferrett Steinmetz
- Damien G. Walter
- Crystal Waters
Clarion 2008 Faculty
The teachers who gave me invaluable instruction and encouragement during my six weeks in San Diego.
- Kelly Link – Week 1
- James Patrick Kelly – Week 2
- Mary Anne Mohanraj – Week 3
- Neil Gaiman – Week 4
- Geoff Ryman – Weeks 5 & 6
- Nalo Hopkinson – Weeks 5 & 6
- iceTree Media – My design company. I designed this site.
- Rachel Vater – Tips on writing hooks.
- Plot – Classic advice from Damon Knight.
- Elmore Leonard’s – Ten Rules of Writing.
- Non-Errors – People keep telling you are wrong but which are actually standard in English.
- Proper Manuscript Format – William Shunn’s guide.
Open Source / CopyLeft
- Linux – fully functional computer operating system for free.
- Source Forge – free software.
- Creative Commons – A legal alternative to copyright.
- Copy Left – A method for making a work free, and requiring others to give it for free.
- State Of Grace Document – A resonable alternative to legal documents.
- Open Source Initative – Promotes the idea of Open Source Definition for the common good.
Misc Cool Stuff
- The Wordos – My writing group.
- Heart of Now – Communication workshop I teach.
- NaNoWriMo – National Novel Writing Month. Do it.
Better World Resources
- NCDD – The National Coalition for Dialogue & Deliberation.
- City Repair Project – helping people reclaim their urban spaces to create community-oriented places.
- Bio Car Share – The BioDiesel car co-op I helped create.
- Civic Practices Network – nonpartisan project of diverse perspectives to bring practical public problem solving.