So, as i’ve probably mentioned, i’m *ahem* a writer. Though lately i haven’t written much of anything. This must change.
Here’s what i wish i was doing lately:
- Finishing the first 50 pages of “Losing Candyland.” (Some folks think it’s fine and i should just send it out. Others think it’s broke. I just want to do one last reorg and polish and send it out.)
- Polishing the short stories i have and sending them out.
- Writing a story a week.
- Submitting to the major markets regularly.
- Figuring out this !@#$ MFA thing.
- Starting the next big project.
Either the next novel.
or a comicbook script.
or a screenplay.
- And i note that NaNoWriMo is right around the corner.
Some complications are that i will be travelling this month, am a panellist at TWO conferences (see next post), have lots of pay-work to do and am generally feeling overwhelmed and stressed. Furthermore, being sick and stuck in the house has left me really stir-crazy.
So here’s the plan:
- Get out of the house.
- Break everything down to reasonable chunks and only worry about the chunk currently in front of me.
- Set a timer to force myself to take breaks.
- Schedule each category for each work day. So some pay-work, some writing, some long term planning, some downtime.
- Don’t spend all my downtime online.
I do want to do NanoWriMo or something similar, so part of this will be scheduling a chunk of time everyday to chip away at that.
So i might add a daily update to the bottom of my posts: What i’m working on , how it’s going, what comes next. We’ll see.
Who knows, maybe i’ll do another of my insane challenges or contests. I’ll keep you posted.