You’ll notice that a few days ago i said i’d post daily updates on the novel. That i was going to treat the novel like a part-time job and work on it every week day.
I still am, really… but it’s been an arduous process. I think the plan of tracking hours on the novel rather than tying my success to wordcount is a good one. I’ll hopefully go back to posting updates about my progress and wordcount, but first i’ve decided to tweak a few things.
Yesterday a fellow Clarion survivor suggested that the scene i’d been stuck on for days might be the result of it not being properly set up in earlier scenes.
Which is so so true. So now i’m thinking that the best thing is to go back and get that stuff in there. I spent a decent chunk of yesterday listing all the plot-cookies and character-hooks that were missing from the first five chapters. Hopefully fixing that stuff will make going forward even easier.
Back to the grind….